There are an increasing number of children who are regularly late in the morning. Classrooms are open at 8.50a.m. and children should be in the classroom by 8.55a.m. ready to start work at 9.00a.m. Registers are checked every month, and children who are often late are monitored. This monitoring process may result in:
• A letter to you expressing our concern;
• An appointment being made for you to see the headteacher to discuss the problem;
• A referral being made to the Education Social Worker (ESW). Continuous late arrivals can result in a fine or prosecution, as these all count as unauthorised absences.
Holidays During Term Time:
Please avoid family holidays in term time, particularly at the beginning of the year and during exam times. (May and June). Holidays during term time
• can disrupt the learning pattern
• can affect exam and test performance
• may be classed as unauthorised
PARENTS HAVE NO AUTOMATIC RIGHT TO SUCH LEAVE
Holidays cannot be authorised to children with poor attendance. (Less than 90%).
Poor attendance in school can result in:
• Children failing to make progress
• Problems making and keeping friends
• Disruptive behaviour
• ESW’s – Education Social Workers – becoming involved
• Children being referred to a PRU – Pupil Referral Unit
• Parents being fined
In updating our equal opportunities policy/race relations policy we are asking parents to advise us of any occasions where they feel boys have been unfairly discriminated against girls, or vice versa.
School website address:
We are working on our school website. If you would like a look please try www.glendale.warwickshire.sch.uk
Early Bird/After School Charges:
Early Bird – 8.00-8.30a.m – £2 per session per child, after 8.30a.m. – £1. After School – £2 per session per child 3.00 – 400p.m.
All money is payable in advance or on the day.
School Closes on Friday 25th May at the usual time for the half term holiday. (After School club will run as normal).
School Re-Opens on TUESDAY 5th JUNE at 8.50a.m. (Monday 4th June is a training day).
Have a good break.
The football is very big and made of leather. (See it right)
Miss Robinson was able to borrow the ball from the man that won this year. We had good fun playing with the ball in the playground.