Children are admitted into the Reception classes in the September following their fourth birthday.
The maximum number of pupils that can be admitted to each year group is 90.
If the number of children requiring a place exceeds 90, the following criteria will be used to prioritise the applications:
- Children in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, a local authority and children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted, (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
- Children living within the priority area who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living within the priority area who have a brother or sister attending Croft Junior/ Middlemarch Junior at the time of admission.
- Other children living within the priority area.
- Children from outside the priority area who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
- Children from outside the priority area who have a brother or sister at Croft Junior/Middlemarch School at the time of admission.
- Other children from outside the priority area.
Within each criterion priority is given in order of distance between the child’s home and school. (Shortest distance = highest priority). Distance will be calculated by the straight line measurement from the applicant’s home address location to the centre point (‘centroid’) of the preferred school. (All measurements are subject to prepositional accuracy changes). This applies equally to those living inside and outside the County boundary.
Glendale Infant School – Priority Area
The northern boundary follows Ansley Road, (excluded), Arbury Road (excluded), Charnwood Avenue (excluded), Atholl Crescent (excluded), Heath End Road and Croft Road (excluded) to Greenmoor Road. The eastern boundary then follows Greenmoor Road, College Street (excluded) and the railway line to Coventry Road. The eastern boundary then continues to follow Coventry Road (excluded) and the Bedworth By-pass to Sutherland Drive. The southern boundary cuts across the countryside from the Bedworth By-pass opposite Sutherland Drive to Bedworth Lane and then follows Bedworth Lane to the Astley parish boundary. The western boundary follows the Astley parish boundary and Astley Lane to Ansley Road. The area bounded in the north by the railway line to the Coventry Canal, in the east by the Coventry Canal to Croft Road, the south by Croft Road, and Arbury Road to Westbury Road and in the west by Westbury Road, Haunchwood Road and Vale View to the railway line is shared with Stockingford Infant School.
Visits by Prospective Parents
All prospective parents are welcome to visit the school. If you wish to do so, please telephone for an appointment.